We welcome posts on the topic of outdoor activities. We are a growing site, always looking to develop our content and work with other experts in the industry. The benefit to you of contributing is of course links to your website and exposure. Because we allow unlimited articles, this is a great opportunity for you to build deep links to your content from a relevant site.
To contribute, please first register. You will be sent an email from [email protected] with the subject “[UK Outdoor Pursuits] Login Details”. We suggest adding this email address to your contacts first. Otherwise, do check Spam / Junk folders if you don’t see the email.
Click the link in that email and set a new password. You can then login.
Writing an article
- Once logged in, click “+New” at the top of the site and then choose “Post”.
- Write your article then click “Submit for Review”.
- An admin will review your article, typically within 14 days.
- We may contact you on your registered email address if we need to make any changes.
- You can submit as many articles as you like, provided that they meet our quality guidelines below.
- You are welcome to add any notes to the admin at the foot of the article (please do make it clear that it is a note to the admin and not part of the article!)
- All articles must be relevant to the site which is outdoor activity themed.
- Articles must be a minimum of 500 words.
- Content must be original (not spun).
- Content must be in good English, free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- Content must comply with Google’s quality guidelines.
- Any links must follow our linking guidelines (see below).
- We ask that you please don’t add tags. We’ll do this in keeping with our existing site tags.
- Images can be used where licensed under Creative Commons – please provide appropriate credits. If you don’t add any images, we are likely to add one or more images for you.
We will accept one commercial link provided that it is relevant to the site. For example, we would be happy for you to begin your article with, “Hi, I’m Jason from TrekkingShoes.com”, where the domain is linked to your site.
We won’t accept keyword commercial links. For example, “Hi, I’m Jason and I recommend you buy Hiking Shoes”, where “hiking shoes” is linked to your commercial site.
You are welcome and encouraged to add other authoritative links to support your article. If you don’t, we may do this for you.
Generally speaking, links just need to be reasonably Google-friendly. If you have a relevant, high-quality guide on your commercial site, we’ll be far more likely to accept the link than we would if it were a keyword-loaded link to your shop.
Ready to write for us? Register here.